lunedì 14 febbraio 2011

icons of my imagination

I have an obsession with sacred art,
icons of saints, gods and mythology.

I know that every church/cathedral/abbey I visit abroad always seems boring,
this is probably what it happens when
you are born and raised in Italy, I supposed.
But churches in the North of Europe have great stained glasses,
which I love so much.
I love the bright colour and the light reflections on the floors,
and those ways to capture a
scene with a timeless stillness,
fixing a moment of emotional or narrative climax,
these images become
like a pop image that you might find on a poster,
or
a snapshot of a music video
.


this image has been taken at Victoria&Albert musuem, though.
Which is a magic and HUGE place to visit. Loved it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Lettori fissi